Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My Garden

It's an enchanted space that has always called for attention. I plant, weed, trim and water. I cajole and nurture plants I rescue from the hardware store. I defend them against predators and welcome ladybirds, praying mantis, bees, little birds and anything else beneficial to the garden to come and live there.
























Freddie was born in the garden and it is his favorite place to be.


























Right now, the early foxgloves are opened, the Lady Banks Rose is nearly past her bloom, shedding delicate little rose petals that look like sulphur butterflies.

































The clematis, such a Vegas show girl, is displaying her fancy plumage.
























Spring is so glorious here in the south and it's only the beginning!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Just gorgeous!