Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Tags for a Nursery

A friend of mine recently had a grandchild and she asked me to make a set of pretty tags to hang on the wall of the baby's room. Not the typical 'baby' tags, but something simple that would be appropriate for any age. I made these!
 I started out with the Chipboard Decorative Tags Extra Large and the Chipboard Decorative Tags Large. My friend wanted a set of two but the tags come in a set of three. I chose the tags with the rounded tops.
I papered all the tags (using Graphic 45 Botanical Tea)
 I sanded all the edges and inked them using Brilliance Galaxy Gold and Distress Ink Vintage Photo. And glued the large tags on top of the extra large ones.
After that I just played with images until I found some I liked (all from Botanical Tea) and arranged them in a pleasing way.
Before gluing down my images I added a pretty turquoise ribbon straight down the center of each tag. It's a good visual and a nice contrast with the mocha colors that run throughout the papers.
I glued the images down and I also added Punch Elements-Deco at the bottom of each tag. I painted them white, added Galaxy Gold ink around the edges and used a 1-inch punch to cut a couple of images from the G45 papers. I glued them to the top disc and then glued the whole thing on to the bottom element. I like the way this looks....it adds another layer of detail.
Now that the major elements are glued in, I started adding little details, like tiny dots around the large images and on the Punch Elements. I used Liquid Pearls White Opal for this.
I glued on a couple of buttons, top and bottom and added a pearl on top.
I also made a bow for each tag and glued them on the top of each tag, under the hanging hole. And added a little white flower with a dot of Stickles Turquoise in the center.
For consistency (and because I think it looks pretty) I glued flowers down the bottom of each ribbon as well.
So pretty and feminine.
I like the idea that these tags are something that she'll grow into instead of out of.
SUPPLIES:
Chipboard Decorative Tags Extra Large
Chipboard Decorative Tags Large
Punch Elements-Deco

Additional Supplies:
Graphic 45 Botanical Tea Scrapbook Papers
Liquid Pearls-WHite Opal
Stickles-Turquoise
White Paper Flowers
Small Buttons
Glass Pearls
Turquoise colored ribbon
Brilliance Ink-Galaxy Gold
Ranger Distress Inks-Vintage Photo

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Connie said...

Love your ribbon work. It really pulls it together.

Artifice said...

Gorgeous tags! I really enjoy seeing your creations! Linda